Born from the initiative of men with a spirit of openess and peace, the twinning between the Chamber Craft of the Rhône and the Chamber of Cologne was created in 1956. It was the first twinning between a French and a German Chamber of Craft.
For more than 60 years, exchanges between French and German apprentices have been organized annually between the two Chambers to allow apprentices to participate in a trip rich in professional, cultural and human discoveries.
- To reward the most deserving apprentices
- To promote the relationship and the understanding between France and Germany
- To enhance the mobility of apprentices
Any deserving apprentice of legal age (competition winner…).
- Immersion in a company for 3 days to discover the German craft industry and its specificities
- Visit of training centers and presentation of the German dual apprenticeship system
- Organization of visits to craft companies
- Discovery of Cologne and its region (historical and cultural aspects)
- Guided tour of the city of Bonn and its historical museum
A 10-day trip offering :
- A linguistic preparation
- A supervision by an agent of the Chamber of Craft of the Rhône