In September 2015, a group of 10 craftmen from artistic/creative professions traveled to London for 3 days, to strengthen their professional and cultural knowledge on the subject of Design in the arts and crafts in England.
This study visit was set up by the CMA Lyon-Rhône as part of EASY EUROPE mobility and co-financed by the ERASMUS + program.
The objectives of this study visit were:
- To strengthen the economic knowledge of England,
- To understand the structuring of arts professions,
- To meet different professionals, decision-makers within professional organizations and federations,
- To initiate exchanges of good practices,
- To learn about UK continuing education systems.
More specifically, professionals in the Design sector were able to:
- Learn about the economic context of arts and crafts in the United Kingdom and about the trade valuation labels.
- Visit the Cockpit Art Incubator, the Royal College of Art, and the Art Gallery: The Conran Shop.
- Meet Camille Berry, Interior and Renovation Architect.
- Participate in the 100% Design fair.
To receive more information about the study visit