A project for the development of skills for a better employability of the youth and women in the mango sector.
Develop skills for a better employability of the youth, of women and returning migrants in the mango sector.
The objective of the project is to develop the mango sector in 3 regions of Burkina Faso and to improve employability in the long term by developing the professional and entrepreneurial skills of young people, women and returning migrants.
The project targets: women, youth, returning migrants, trainers of vocational training centers, employees, business owners, etc.
This project stimulates the local economy and the international market by benefiting many actors:
- The mango industry,
- The companies,
- The local population,
- The families of the beneficiaries.
- Training and socio-professional integration of women, young people and returning migrants through alternating training modules (training center-workplace).
- Promotion of entrepreneurship among young people and women (training and installation kits for their self-employment).
- Connecting economic operators in the project’s target regions with operators in the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Region, particularly in the context of events such as the SIRHA trade show and the international craft show in Burkina Faso.
The management and implementation of the ARCHIPELAGO program is carried out by a consortium composed of three European structures representing the private sector:
- The organization SEQUA in Germany,
- The organization EUROCHAMBRES,
- The organization CPCCAF in France, of which the Chambre de Métiers et de l’Artisanat Lyon-Rhône is a member.
As part of this program, since December 1, 2019, the CMA Lyon-Rhône has been involved as a leader in a consortium composed of the national consular chambers of Burkina Faso, and the House of the Entreprise of Burkina Faso.
This partnership will enable the development of business relations between the two countries and strengthen the Chambers’ offers with new innovative entrepreneurial support services. The project is based on the decentralized regional cooperation already in place between the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region in France and the Houet Province region in Burkina Faso.
(young people between 15 and 40 years old, returning migrants, SMEs, private sector support organizations, training centers, employment promotion agencies) aware of the opportunities offered by Education and Technical and Vocational Training (ETT).
via alternating vocational training modules (training center and company) and entrepreneurship training
December 2019 (34 months)
Presentation of ARCHIPELAGO's program
› 24/06/2021 :
Beginning of entrepreneurial training sessions in Bobo Dioulasso.
Hosted by the “Maison de l’Entreprise” of Burkina Faso, the sessions aim to train 320 young people and will continue until mid-August 2021.
→ More information at the following link
› Study of the mango sector :
As part of the ARCHIPELAGO Mango project, the study of the mango sector is a prerequisite and an essential step for a good understanding of the difficulties and challenges of the sector in terms of activities, professional training, organization, and collaboration between the actors. The identification of existing and future activities, infrastructures, existing and future trainings are the essential object of this study to achieve the objective of developing professional skills and strengthening employability in the mango sector.
→ Discover the whole study (available in French) at the following link
Get more information